Victoria, BC – VicPD investigators are recommending eight charges against a 31 year-old man.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. last night, VicPD officers attended Tyee Road at Wilson Street for the report of a Motor Vehicle Incident.
Police quickly attended and located the male driver who had fled from the scene. This driver was stopped by a group of passersby. The initial investigation has determined that the truck was travelling north on Tyee Road and made a left turn on Wilson Street causing the vehicle to lose control.
The man will appear before a telebail hearing today. Police are recommending several charges including:
- Driving while ability Impaired 253(1)(a) CC
- Fail to stop as scene of accident 252(1.1) CC
- Fail to comply with Probation order 733.1 CC
- Two counts of Possession for the purpose of trafficking 5(2) CDSA
- Driving while disqualified 259(4) CC
- Dangerous operation of a Motor Vehicle 249(1)(A) CC
- Fail to comply with undertaking 145(3) CC